PCED passes resolution supporting 6th Penny Tax on August 21st County-wide Ballot.
At a recent meeting, Platte County Economic Develop voted to support the upcoming ballot initiative that would provide funding for three projects. Voters will have the opportunity to vote on each of the three projects separately, with those that receive a majority vote receiving funding through the county’s Specific Purpose Excise Tax.
Proposition 1, a Platte County project, would provide $4,875,000 for the remodeling of the current Platte County Courthouse.
Proposition 2, a Platte County Fair Board project, would provide $4,720,000 to renovate the 4-H building at the fairgrounds.
Proposition 3 would provide $7,032,800 for projects in each of the county’s municipalities including:
- $802,400 to the Town of Chugwater for street repairs and equipment,
- $413,000 to the Town of Glendo to convert Old Town Shop into a community center,
- $2,950,000 to the Town of Guernsey to upgrade the Town’s water system,
- $336,300 to the Town of Hartville for various town improvements,
- $2,531,100 to the Town of Wheatland for upgrades to the Town’s electrical system, repairs to wastewater ponds and a water tower.
For more complete information, click on the brochure cover above.